[nfbwatlk] FW: Consumer outcry does make a difference

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Apr 25 04:33:52 UTC 2012

From: wcb-l-bounces at wcbinfo.org [mailto:wcb-l-bounces at wcbinfo.org] On Behalf
Of Carl Jarvis
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 6:41 AM
To: wcb
Subject: [Wcb-l] Consumer outcry does make a difference

If the blind people of Michigan had waited for their government to do the
right thing, they would have seen their commission dismantled this week.

Sometimes we feel as if our efforts are not doing much to improve life for
blind people.  Here is what happens when enough outrage is expressed.

Carl Jarvis

Snyder rescinds order for services to the blind

LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Gov. Rick Snyder has rescinded an executive order that
would have transferred the responsibilities of the Michigan Commission for

the Blind and Michigan Rehabilitation Services to other state departments.

The proposed change was criticized by advocates for the blind, who said they
wanted more say in the decision.

Snyder rescinded the executive order Monday, a day before it was to take
effect.

He says in a release that the move will give the administration more time to
work with advocates and federal officials to draft changes that will best
serve

residents who are blind or visually impaired.

Several advocates for the blind thanked the governor for delaying the
changes and agreeing to consult them about future changes.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.

http://www.13abc.com/story/17663090/snyder-rescinds-order-for-services-to-th
e-blind

  _____