[nfbwatlk] FW:ILRUSurvey: AssistiveTechnology forPeople With Disabilities

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 05:34:53 UTC 2012

Hey Mary Ellen, have you heard of the Refreshabraille?  It's a
14-35ll display that apparently works well with iphones, etc.  I
am trying to connect with someone in Spokane to see hers but
we're having trouble because our schedules aren't meshing at
abbl.  I'm not sure I would want to read a whole book with just a
14 or 18 cell display, but I bet I could learn to tolerate it.
Lol.  I want to read my email, download books and other things
the do it in Braille.  I'm a "visual" learner, I always have
trouble with those tapes in college.  But when I can actually
read something in Braille my comprehension increases tons.  And
although I enjoy talking books and look forward to being able to
download them to my iphone, I really want my Braille!  (Smile).
Peace,    Debby