[nfbwatlk] SUB MINIMUM WAGE

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:24:44 UTC 2012

Carl, do you understand a little why I had to leave ACB?  By
failing to even discuss the resolution pertaining to minimum
wage, and by Mr.  Pomerantz's comments saying that it was not a
"blindness" issue and only affected a few blind folks, and nobody
in that huge room spoke up to disagree with him.  It so why I am
willing to be misunderstood, and why people disapprove of my
recent action of leaving ACB.  I want to stand for those blind
folks who are treated unfairly.  I love the quote that you sent
at the end.  If we don't speak out then when we need someone to
speak on our behalf, who will be there to do so?    Peace,
Debby