[nfbwatlk] Seattle Goodwil protest

mjc59 at q.com mjc59 at q.com
Thu Aug 16 03:33:17 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

On Saturday, August 25th from 11 .m.m - 1 p.m. we will hold our local Goodwill informational protest at the new Goodwill Thrift Store at 411 Westlake Avenue N. inn Seattle. All NFBW members and friends are welcome to join us. We will give information to the press shortly before the protest . We will pass out information sheets to the public. This is a very visible location in the South Lake Union neighborhood, and is served by the South Lake Union Trolley and other Metro bus routes.

I don't need to reprint previously posted NFB information on our fight for minimum wages for all workers with disabilities. This is an important event here in Seattle and the rest of the country. NFBW President Mike Freeman will be there to lend his excellent voice to the cause.

This is a peaceful demonstration. We will not block any entrances to the store, other business access or any traffic. We are not there to confront the local Goodwill. We are there to get our message out. It can be an energizing event! For anyone who has not picketed with the Federation before, and who wishes to talk with those of us who have done so, I encourage you to contact Mike Freeman, myself, Bennett Prows or other veteran Federationists. It's OK to ask questions.

As I said earlier, all NFBW members and friends are welcome to come and join us.

Please contact me if you will be attending so we have an idea about how many of us will be there.

Marci Carpenter

Director of Public Relations

NFB of Washington

mjc59 at q.com