[nfbwatlk] FW: NFB stand on Blind Child Area signs?

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Thu Aug 30 14:37:40 UTC 2012

I seriously think, for me, the straight canes are more of a bother.  I do
like the information transmission of a straight cane, but love the
portability of the folding cane. I was in DC at a NFB Washington Seminar and
kicked more then one cane under the table from out of the isle.  That was
back when I used only a cane by the way.  There were quite a few guide dogs
present, but the handlers really did a great job tucking the dogs.  Now
think about this one Debby, giggle, we can tuck a seventy pound dog, and we
can't tuck straight canes weighing ounces under a table, all fingers
pointing at myself. It is just so funny

So learn how to tuck a straight cane in all kinds of places and teach me for
later referrance, warm smile.

Becky Frankeberger
Butterfly Knitting

Custom-made knit throws, shawls, and more!

Phone: 360-426-8389
E-mail: becky at ButterflyKnitting.com
Website: www.ButterflyKnitting.com