[nfbwatlk] Seattle Job Opportunities at Aetna

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Fri Jan 6 20:35:03 UTC 2012

From: Olson, Toby (ESD) [mailto:TOlson2 at ESD.WA.GOV]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 12:48 PM
To: GCDE-INFO at LISTSERV.WA.GOV
Subject: FW: Seattle Job Opportunities at Aetna

From: Myette, Helen [mailto:MyetteH at AETNA.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 12:39 PM
To: Olson, Toby (ESD)
Subject: Seattle Job Opportunities at Aetna

[cid:image001.gif at 01CCCAF6.ECC809C0]
Dear Toby,
Thank you for helping us share information regarding employment opportunities for people with disabilities at Aetna.  Our company is committed to developing partnerships with service organizations supporting people with disabilities seeking employment.
We're looking for creative, dedicated people who are ready to make a difference in the working world. We have a richly diverse workforce comprised of some of the best and brightest employees in the health benefits industry.  Our positions are as diverse as our employees and include traditional "health insurance industry roles" such as underwriting, claims processing and customer service, as well as roles in areas such as nursing, pharmacy, marketing, human resources, and communications.
Information about Aetna, including our values can be found at http://www.Aetna.com<http://www.aetna.com/>.

Why Aetna?
Aetna has a number of nationally recognized programs and practices that support employees with disabilities. The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) awarded Aetna the New Freedom Initiative Award for our proactive and innovative efforts in furthering the employment of people with disabilities.  In 2011 Aetna ranked 4th in DiversityInc's Top 10 Companies for People with Disabilities and 19th in their Top 50 for overall diversity.   Aetna also actively participates in and supports national best practice forums such as the DOL's Circle of Champions, the United States Business Leadership Network, the Cornell Center for Advanced Human Resources Studies, and the National Organization for Disabilities.  Outlined below are some of the our programs and practices that support employees with disabilities at Aetna::

 *   We have a centralized Workplace Accommodation Unit (WAU) that is considered "best practice," and is easily accessed through a 1-800 number.  The WAU works collaboratively with applicants/employees, their health care providers and managers to identify, evaluate and implement appropriate accommodations.  As needed, WAU also reaches out to other internal Aetna departments such as Human Factors Engineering, Ergonomics, Facilities, and IT as well as outside vendors for assistance identifying and implementing appropriate accommodations.
 *   We have an internal website that provides information and resources related to working with disabilities.  The intranet site has been extremely successful with employees with disabilities, their co-workers and their managers, and Aetna has assisted other large employers and government agencies with setting up similar websites.
 *   We have an employee resource group "AetnaAbilities," which is dedicated to providing support for employees with disabilities.  It provides employees with opportunities for personal and professional growth, helps raise awareness of disability issues and is a resource for the company on disability related business initiatives.
In addition, as one of the nation's leading diversified health care benefits companies, we offer a competitive benefits package to our employees. From medical plans and wellness programs, to life  and disability insurance and retirement resources, a wide range of options is available to help employees with disabilities achieve optimal health and financial well-being.  Additional information regarding Aetna Employee Benefits can be viewed at: http://www.Aetna.com/working/benefits/index.html<http://www.aetna.com/working/benefits/index.html> .

Where to find Aetna's Job Postings:
At Aetna, we have job opportunities ranging from professional careers to college internships and co-op programs.  Individuals who have interest in these areas can learn about Aetna's company values, view information about Aetna careers, and search current job postings on our corporate website.

However, as part of our effort to connect with people with disabilities, we ask that you electronically forward this special link which will take your clients to a targeted site for Aetna to recruit people with disabilities.  When your clients apply to this "advertising requisition," it enables Aetna to better follow up with your clients. The advertising requisition is not a regular opening; rather it is an opportunity to help us find your clients in our system so that we can better follow up with them. AFTER they apply to the advertising req, they then must apply to specific posted openings so that we can connect their skills and interests to our business needs.

Click Here to follow our special link<https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25276&siteid=5012&areq=5552BR&codes=OR-PWD>

We are also working with Direct Employer's Association to send daily updates of postings to Career One Stop centers in the city where the positions are located.  New positions are posted daily in locations across the country.  We encourage individuals interested in relocation to refer to our corporate website for positions outside their local area.

How to Apply for an Open Position:
To be considered for an open position, applicants need to apply through our corporate website - preferably using the link above.  New users to the site will be prompted to create a profile including a section where they can copy/paste a current resume.  When they return to the site they will be able to login and view a list of positions to which they have submitted applications.

Please note that Aetna recently conducted a thorough review of its on-line application process to determine if the process presented any potential obstacles to external or internal job applicants with disabilities.  As a result of the review, Aetna initiated changes to the website layout to make it easier for individuals using screen reading technology.  (If an applicant with disability needs assistance in applying for a position, our website also includes a telephone number as well as a TTY number so they can contact Aetna directly.)

Applicants will receive an e-mail confirmation upon submission of their application.  An Aetna Recruiter will receive the application and review the applicant's qualifications against the requirements of the position.  All applicants will receive a communication as to the outcome of their application, although it should be understood that it often takes several months to review all of the candidates for a role and return communications to all of the applicants.

Contact us
We also welcome any questions you have. For questions about Aetna's interest in recruiting and support for people with disabilities, including assistance with accommodations during the application process, please contact the Aetna HR Contact Center at 1-800-AETNAHR (1-800-238-6247).

We look forward to working with you to identify talented individuals for Aetna opportunities.

Regards,

Tamara Pinckney - Talent Operations Lead

Aetna is an equal employment opportunity employer.  Aetna is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity within the context of the business to achieve their potential. Aetna provides for equal opportunity for qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status.

In the event that the link above does not work, please copy and paste the following full URL code into your browser. https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25276&siteid=5012<https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25276&siteid=5012&areq=1402BR>&areq=5552BR&codes=OR-PWD
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately. Thank you. Aetna