[nfbwatlk] 2012 Scholarship Program

Mon Jan 9 21:21:08 UTC 2012

Please pass this on to whomever can benefit.

/s/

Bennett Prows, J.D., Member
NFB Scholarship Committee

Dear College Students:

Are you legally blind and will you be a full-time college student attending the fall 2012 semester in the United States or Puerto Rico? The National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program Application Form is online at www.nfb.org/scholarships<http://www.nfb.org/scholarships> along with all rules for eligibility, the complete list of requirements for a completed packet, and additional information. (A print application form is available upon request.)

Our Scholarships:
  1 for $12,000
  1 for $10,000
  2 for $7,000 each
  4 for $5,000 each
22 for $3,000 each
plus additional gifts to each winner

The deadline to submit the application form and all required support documents is three months away-March 31, 2012-so there is still plenty of time, especially if you have the other required documents ready to upload from your computer to the online application form.

We prefer DOC, DOCX, and RTF file formats, though we accept PDF. We prefer PDF for school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores.  We also accept documents via mail or as attachments to an email.

Students, it is never too early to begin to assemble your documents.  Please read the details on the 2012 program right now by going to our website at www.nfb.org/scholarships<http://www.nfb.org/scholarships>. The "Submission Checklist" on our website lists the full set of requirements and the FAQ page provides additional information on what the scholarship committee expects to find in a winning application packet.

More good news - In addition to this national scholarship program, many of our state affiliates have their own scholarship program for blind students living in their state or attending college in their state.  For contact information, go to www.nfb.org<http://www.nfb.org/>, then to FAST FACTS, then tap on the Presidents List and follow the links to your state.

Cordially,

Patti Chang, Esq.
Chairperson, NFB Scholarship Committee
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
       at Jernigan Place
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
Office:  (410) 659-9314, x2415
E-mail:  scholarships at nfb.org<mailto:scholarships at nfb.org>
Website:  www.nfb.org/scholarships<http://www.nfb.org/scholarships>

P. S.: The deadline is March 31, 2012.