[nfbwatlk] FW: [gui-talk] Job opening, technology instructor at Criss Cole

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Jul 12 23:14:18 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: gui-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:gui-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Wayne Merritt
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:53 PM
To: members
technology; dandrews at visi.com; This is a list for discussion among members
of the NFB of Texas.
Subject: [gui-talk] Job opening, technology instructor at Criss Cole

Please pass this on to anyone or any list you know that may be interested.

Greetings. A technology position has opened at the Criss Cole
Rehabilitation Center. These positions do not occur often so if this
interests you, read on. Criss Cole is the adult training center for
the blind in Austin, Texas. Though I do not know for sure, I do not
believe that CCRC offers any relocation assistance. This is also not a
short term position, it is a full time job opening. The position is
open from now until July 24. I am a technology instructor at CCRC and
can answer any questions anyone may have, or may forward your question
to my supervisor, who is actually doing the hiring. The applicant
should be familiar with using Windows 7, current Office 2010 software,
such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Internet Explorer; JAWS,
Window-Eyes, Zoom Text and Magic, iOS, and other common mainstream and
assistive technologies.

Another technology instructor position is expected to be posted soon
for the same department. I will post that as well when it is. I can't
recall a time when the technology department has had two job openings,
so if this interests you, then jump on it.

 The link to the job description for external applicants is:
https://rm.accesshr.hhsc.state.tx.us/ENG/careerportal/Job_Profile.cfm?szOrde
rID=205278&szReturnToSearch=1&&szWordsToHighlight=blind

If that link does not work, go to:
http://accesshr.hhsc.state.tx.us

And click on the link, HHS job opportunities for external applicants
only. That will take you to a form where you can put CCRC in the edit
box, choose Austin in the city combo box, and Department of Assistive
and Rehabilitative services (which will likely be shortened) in the
agency combo box, then do a search.

Regards,
Wayne Merritt
wcmerritt at gmail.com