[nfbwatlk] [wtbbl] Kudos for WTBBL

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Thu Jun 7 18:28:48 UTC 2012

From: WTBBL [mailto:wtbbl at list.statelib.wa.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 3:06 PM
To: Noel Nightingale
Subject: [wtbbl] Kudos for WTBBL

Did you know that yesterday, June 5, 2012 was officially proclaimed Washington Talking Book & Braille Library Day by Mike McGinn, Mayor of Seattle?  WTBBL was recognized with the 2012 Mayoral Award for Empowering Individuals with Disabilities by Mayor McGinn at the Seattle City Hall.  He read a proclamation honoring our work and presented us with the proclamation in print and braille.  I accepted the award with one of our patrons and we both had the opportunity to say a few words.  Several staff and a volunteer from WTBBL were also at the event.  Give yourselves a hip hip hooray because we are all in this together!

You can visit our webpage for an image of the proclamation, a link to the proclamation and photos:  http://www.wtbbl.org//ProclamationforWTBBL.aspx<http://www.wtbbl.org/ProclamationforWTBBL.aspx>

The Office of the Secretary of State Blog also has an entry: http://blogs.sos.wa.gov/FromOurCorner/index.php/2012/06/more-kudos-for-wtbbl/

I am also attaching a pdf that we have tested as accessible and automatically reading with JAWS.

I appreciate all your support and helping us do all we can.

Cheers,
Danielle

Danielle Miller
Program Manager
Washington Talking Book & Braille Library
2021 9th Ave., Seattle, WA 98121-2783
p: 206.615.1588 / f: 206.615.0441
danielle.miller at sos.wa.gov<mailto:dking at secstate.wa.gov>
www.wtbbl.org / www.facebook.com/WTBBL