[nfbwatlk] FW: We Came Up a Little Short

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Jun 13 22:42:26 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbaffiliatepresidents-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:nfbaffiliatepresidents-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Parnell
Diggs
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:21 PM
To: 'NFB Affiliate Presidents List'
Subject: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] We Came Up a Little Short

Dear Colleagues:

I was lots of people's second choice, but not enough people's first choice
this time, and that presents a problem when you can only cast one vote.
Nevertheless, the local and state Democrats like me and want me to remain in
politics.  I am reminded of a guy by the name of Bill Clinton, who lost the
first time out when he ran for Congress and was elected President eighteen
years later.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers, financial support, good karma,
well-wishes, and everything else.  The Federation was actually part of a
debate question in a televised debate last week.  They wanted to know how
much time I would spend on blindness stuff in Congress given that I've been
the President of the NFB of SC for twelve years.  It was sort of a silly
question, but I was glad they asked it because I got to talk about the
Federation in a Congressional Debate on TV.  See you in Dallas!