[nfbwatlk] Greater Seattle Chapter; March meeting, iPad 3 raffle,, and more

mjc59 at q.com mjc59 at q.com
Fri Mar 30 02:06:14 UTC 2012

If you missed the March meeting of the Greater Seattle Chapter of the NFBW, you  missed a lot!

Yes, as the subject line says, we will be holding a raffle for an iPad 3. Ticket prices are $5 each. The drawing will be held at the  NFB of Washington State Convention in Everett this October. We'll let you know when tickets are available.

Our chapter has been invited to sponsor an event with young blind people enrolled in the YES program this 4th of July. We will be having a barbecue with them where they will see blind people grilling burgers and serving food. It will be a fun time.

Many of our members will be attending the NFB National Convention this summer in Dallas, Texas.

Noel Nightingale and Jim Peterson have graciously offered their lovely home for our annual chapter picnic later in the summer. More details will follow.

We will once again be participating in the Macy's Shop For A Cause event in August. This is always a good fundraiser.

As you can see from the items above our chapter is planning a full year of action and fun. We are also looking into hosting a wine and/or chocolate tasting in the Fall. Our members will be distributing information about blindness and the NFB at farmers

 markets and street fairs throughout the year.

Although we continue to look for other permanent meeting space, we will be holding our April 21st, May 19th and June 16th meetings at the Downtown Seattle Public Library, 1000 4th Ave; 4th floor, room 2. Our meetings start at 10:30 a.m.

We would like to invite anyone who is interested to attend our meetings and events. Come and join our diverse group of blind people as we change what it means to be blind.

If you want more information, please feel free to call Mike Mello (Chapter President) at 208-301-0565 or mike at mello.com

You can also contact me at 206-933-7971 or mjc59 at q.com .

Both Mike and I are also on Facebook.

We are excited about the year ahead