[nfbwatlk] FW: Bicycling Blind | Connecting blind cyclists with sighted pilots.

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Mon May 7 05:14:28 UTC 2012

 <http://bicyclingblind.org/>     http://bicyclingblind.org/

Bicycling Blind | Connecting blind cyclists with sighted pilots.
Tandem Bicycling pairs in action
Tandem Bicycling pairs in action
The U.S. Blind Tandem Cycling Connection endeavors to increase the
participation of individuals who are visually impaired or blind in the
exhilarating sport
of tandem cycling.
We serve as a resource to:
list of 4 items
. Connect blind and visually impaired cyclists with sighted cyclists
. Educate people about tandem cycling
. Disseminate information about cycling clubs, events, and opportunities
. Address the needs of the blind tandem cycling community
list end

Riding a tandem makes me feel so alive.  I don't have to worry about
watching where I am going.  I can open up the throttle and fly.  I am so
grateful to
any pilot who shares the ride with me.

- Ron Burzese, Stoker, Sacramento, CA

Recent News Coverage of BicyclingBlind.org
Blind Stoker Shares His Story On The Radio
November 02, 2011

Ron Burzese, a blind stoker who is on our Board of Directors, spoke on a
cycling radio program called The Outspoken Cyclist last weekend, sharing
what it
is like to be a blind cyclist.  To listen , visit this link,
WJCU The Outspoken Cyclist,
and go to the podcast on 10/29/11.  Ron starts speaking about 5:00 minutes
into the program
Ron cycling in Chicago
Ron cycling in Chicago.

Previous News Items

Latest on the BicyclingBlind.org blog
Bicycling Blind Los Angeles - February Ride
March 19, 2012 by ctinberg

We are building a committed group of captains and stokers that ride once a
month.  In February, we rode 22 miles around Westlake and Thousand Oaks.
Gotta
love our Southern California winters!  Ron Skarin (pictured in the center in
the white helmet and sunglasses), a 2-time Olympian, 10 time national
champion,
and world record holder, has joined our cadre of tandem captains. To Ron's
right is
Corey Reed,
a blind, below-the-knee amputee, snowboarder who is training to compete
internationally.  Come join us!

.more blog entries

C 2012
U.S. Blind Tandem Cycling Connection

User login
Username or e-mail: *

Password: *

list of 2 items
. Create new profile
. Request new password
list end

Navigate
list of 14 items
About Us
Testimonials
. Getting Started
. Stoker's Hub
. Captain's Hub
User locations
. Clubs
. Links
Tandem Events
In the News
Blog
Donate
Contact
list end

Facebook Page for Bicycling Blind

bicyclemonkey.com - bicycling advocacy - bicycle auction site

Add code USBTCC to your account on Bicycle Monkey to help support Bicycling
Blind.

WebCyclery bike shop in Bend Oregon

Registered Users
795 users