[nfbwatlk] FW: [List] Airline update

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Oct 25 04:07:36 UTC 2012

From: list-bounces at cfb.ca [mailto:list-bounces at cfb.ca] On Behalf Of
list at cfb.ca
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:16 PM
To: list at cfb.ca
Subject: [List] Airline update

Yesterday I heard from American Airlines about the refund they've promised
me.  I received a message saying it's in process, but is just now being sent
to accounting.  I don't know what the cash refund will be.

Today I received a message from my travel agent saying that the promised
voucher, which is different from the refund, has arrived.  This voucher for
$125 is intended to compensate me for the delay of my final flight into
Baltimore.

Alaska Airlines has still not responded, either by phone or in writing, to
my complaint about the treatment I received.  In my last contact with them,
they said they were waiting to see what American Airlines would do.

A manager at the Kelowna Airport phoned to say that they are requesting
accessible kiosks from manufacturers.  This is a positive development, but
by no means a commitment, particularly since kiosk manufacturers don't
currently have any accessible kiosks to sell.  They claim accessible kiosks
are in development.

On Friday I plan to file an official letter of complaint with the Canadian
Transportation Agency because of the inaccessible kiosks.  One would hope
that an official government complaint might nudge the process of creating
accessible kiosks along.

I'll keep you all posted as the saga continues.

Mary Ellen