[nfbwatlk] question about wearing sunglasses - Email found in subject

Denise Mackenstadt dmackenstadt at comcast.net
Wed Feb 13 02:01:53 UTC 2013

This is an interesting topic for a teacher.  I am careful to instruct my students to face me when speaking to me not necessarily "look at me".  I want to take off the emphasis of having to look to be part of a conversation.  That it is the social standard to face a person when conversing with them.  Parents frequently complain that their children hang their head when listening.  This may be a sign of concentration rather than ignoring the speaker.  However, it is important for children to understand that as we live in a sighted world the social etiquette of facing people is important.
Denise Mackenstadt
dmackenstadt at comcast.net

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbwatlk_nfbnet.org/kkipp123%40gmai