[nfbwatlk] Greater Seattle chapter meeting

mjc59 at q.com mjc59 at q.com
Thu Jan 17 19:36:50 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

The Greater Seattle NFB chapter has a new, permanent meeting space!

Our meeting will be held this Saturday, 1/19 from 10 a.m. - noon. We had always met at 10 a.m. until we were forced to change times last year.

Sorry about the delay in getting this notice out, but we just secured our new meeting space this week.

Our new location is 521 Wall St. This is a new City University building. We will be meeting in the Edmonton room, which is on the 1st floor just off the lobby/atrium.

The building takes up the entire block between 5th and 6th Avenues on the South side of Wall St The entrance is on the 6th Ave end of the building. If you are walking along the sidewalk from 5th to 6th, go to the East end of the building and turn Right and you will find the door. There is a ramp or 3 steps up to the 1st floor. Many metro buses serve the neighborhood.

We are allowed to bring beverages and food into the room. Josie Armantrout is bringing snacks this month.

We will be holding chapter elections, reading our constitution, and discussing plans for the year ahead. There will be several braille and large print copies of the constitution available at the meeting. I would  also be happy to send it via email to anyone who wants a copy. It will be read this month and adopted at our February 16th meeting.

Please come join us for an exciting time!

Marci Carpenter

Secretary

Greater Seattle chapter

National Federation of the Blind