[nfbwatlk] Robert Eschbach Has Died

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Wed Jan 23 16:45:57 UTC 2013

Here I go again.  I was priviledged to spend time at a convention and at VR
type meetings with Bob Eschbach. Truly fine man with a quiet dignity.  His
mind just semed to process everything.  Now we did not always agree, but Bob
was never disagreeable. He presented a logically and carefully thought out
plan. Bob was the head of the State Services for the Blind in PA (BBVS)  for
a time.  It just wasn't a good fit, but he stil carried himself well with
that quiet dignity.

I have not seen him in twenty years or more, but I still have very fond
memories of a very fine man.  I will bet him and Ted Young are having quite
a conversation as they did when both lived in PA, Bob the head of BBVS, and
Ted the State NFB president.

Does the NFB have a hall of fame for our leaders in the movement?  Ted Young
who was President of the NFB in PA for ages and ages, and who wrote many of
our songs, would be a candidate for the hall of fame. Bob Eschbach is
another candidate. Others would know more about what he did for our movement
then I would.

Rest well,

Becky and Jake