[nfbwatlk] successful barbecue!

Mon Jul 22 16:07:18 UTC 2013

Marci and Others,

It indeed was a fantastic afternoon at Noel and Jim's house in MT. Baker. I certainly enjoyed the weather, the company and the food as well.  (not necessarily in that order.) Thank you for publicizing the shindig, as the turn out as you say was great. We all had an excellent time, and I was excited to meet some new people, and talk with some old friends, (not necessarily chronologically old) (grin.).

If you all want to get together in August, remember Julie Warrington's event on August 4th. And, then getting into the fall, our convention is coming up the third weekend in October. Get your reservations in to the hotel for that by calling the Everett Holiday Inn at (425) 339-2000. Do this prior to September to make sure you have a rroom.

How's that for slipping an an advertisement.  (smile.)All my gratitude and appreciation go to all who made such an excellent Saturday afternoon possible.

/s/

Bennett Prows
-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of mjc59 at q.com
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2013 9:42 PM
To: NFB of Washington Talk Mailing List
Subject: [nfbwatlk] successful barbecue!

Well, I think that the 2013 Seattle chapter barbecue was a big success and a lot of fun! I want to thank Noel Nightingale, Jim Peterson and their family for once again hosting the event. Thanks to Jim Peterson, Jacob Struiksma and others who cooked the burgers and sausages, and thanks also to James and Mary Helen for shopping for and bringing them. There were 37 members and friends in attendance! The dining room table was filled up with yummy salads, gazpacho, chips fruits, veggies and several scrumptious desserts (I felt it was my duty to sample all of the desserts). Many enjoyed the privately-supplied beer. The weather was beautiful, and so was the company!

If you didn't make it out this year, be sure to join us next year.

Cheers!

Marci Carpenter