[nfbwatlk] Research Participation Opportunity with the University of Washington

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 01:00:56 UTC 2013

Hello,

Our group at the University of Washington’s Computer Science &
Engineering Department is seeking participants for a research study.

We are researching ways to improve smartphone accessibility and are
currently evaluating new ways of entering text on mobile devices.
Participants must be 18 years old or older and must be blind or
low-vision. Each participant will partake in 6 sessions of about 1
hour in length at the University of Washington campus. During a study
session, we will ask the participant to use a smartphone application
and perform tasks such as entering text by tapping or swiping the
screen.

Incentives:
We will compensate participants with a $30 gift card to Amazon or QFC
card for each study session. Gift cards will be given several weeks
after the final study session. If a participant receives more than
$50, he/she will be asked to provide the University of Washington
his/her social security number, per university policy.

Please email tapulator at cs.washington.edu if you are interested in volunteering.

Thank you.

--
Cindy Bennett
Secretary: National Association of Blind Students

B.A. Psychology, UNC Wilmington
clb5590 at gmail.com