[nfbwatlk] Fw: Take Action To Save Metro!

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Thu May 9 07:39:01 UTC 2013

Did you know state politicians are threatening your bus service, as you
know it?

Politicians are jeopardizing the service, safety, and affordability of
King County's bus service. Without new funding options, King County Metro
will eliminate 65 bus routes and reduce service on 86 more in 2014. These
changes are estimated to impact 70% of bus riders in King County.

Keep your bus on the street. Take Action Now.

Sign a petition to support saving King County Metro.
Contact your legislator and tell them you support local funding options
for transit and safe streets.
Attend a special meeting of the Metropolitan King County Council's
Transportation, Economy and Environment Committee, and tell your leaders
how transit service cuts will affect you.
Tuesday, May 14

3:30 p.m. open house

4:00 p.m. public testimony

Union Station

401 South Jackson Street, Seattle

Tell your Friends. Ask your friends to sign the petition and contact their
legislators.
Sign up to volunteer to spread the word about Saving Metro.
Share on Facebook and Twitter. Spread the word, we need to pack the
hearing room to show that King County bus riders depend on sustainable
revenue to fund transit. #SaveMetro
Join the fight to Save Metro. In King County, we all depend on Metro buses
to relieve congestion and get us to where we need to go.

But unless the state legislature gives King County a permanent funding
solution this year to replace its current temporary stop-gap funding,
Metro will be forced to cut 17% of its bus service. The loss of bus
service would be devastating to hundreds of thousands of commuters and
leave students and seniors stranded.

Take Action Now >>>>

Thank you for everything that you do and have done,

Sincerely,

Kate Whiting
Field Director
Transportation Choices

Transportation Choices Coalition
219 1st Ave S., Suite 420, Seattle, WA, 98104,

Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan