[nfbwatlk] It starts young

Don Mitchell donmi at q.com
Thu May 23 01:07:58 UTC 2013

Hello,

I had an experience a couple of weeks ago that was interesting. I performed
at a church variety show where people of all ages performed before a small
group of church members. I played and sang with two different people.

After the show was over I went up to the stage to get my guitar case and put
the guitar away. As I was placing the guitar in its case a young girl
crawled over to me up on the stage. She said: " I liked your music" I
enjoyed that complement, but what she said next took me back. She said: "It
is amazing you can play the guitar when you are blind." This from a 10 year
old. Apparently the stereotypes people learn start quite young.

Don Mitchell