[nfbwatlk] Health Inquiry

Lauren Merryfield lauren at catlines.com
Sat Apr 19 21:14:16 UTC 2014

                Hi,

Mike, I appreciate your contacting me about my current health condition.
Sorry I didn't get back to you guys.

My surgery went very well and I've had very little pain especially compared
to the blockage attacks. The dr. said I had quite a complicated twisting in
my bowel and any of those attacks I'd had could have been fatal. So I was
the time bomb I thought I was for 2 years, 5 months. As of today, I have
gone 2 weeks without an attack and that is the longest I've gone in a long
time. I had a bariatric surgeon perform the surgery and he said that the
twisted bowel, adhesions/scar tissue and internal hernia that he fixed are
all common complications of gastric bypass. I am ten years out on that. I'm
sure glad the dr. was able to help!

I have quite a bit of bruising and swelling so I am off work for a while.  I
caught a hospital cold and it's in the bronchitis phase. I hope I can sing
tomorrow for Easter without coughing too much.

My kitties are spoiled having me home. They were sympathetic when I first
came home from surgery. But now they hav had it with that stuff and are
ornery about it.

I am wondering how Duane Smith has been doing. I tried emailing him but it
came back undelivered.

Hope you guys are all doing well. Happy Easter!!

Lauren

advice from my cats: "meow when you feel like it."

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." ~

Albert Schweitzer

curious about Thirty-One? New spring lineup now available:

www.LettingTheCatOutOfTheBag.com

Purchase my new book:there's more than one way to be okay at:

www.TheresMoreThanOneWay.com

Cat lovers, please visit me at:

www.catlines.com