[nfbwatlk] ERRS

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 17:40:14 UTC 2014

PAC does not provide any funding to WTBBLIND, just advises.  I
think the ones I feel bad for are those who do not have access to
Internet.  There are older blind folks who do not and probably
will not learn to use computers.  They now have less access to
information than they did before.  As for many of us, we can
access so much more info with our phones and computers than was
possible when ERRS started.  I think what irritated me most as a
PAC member was that they did not inform us that this was
happening.  I believe we are all aware of the budget cuts that
WTBBLIND and other agencies are experiencing.  NFB funds large
portions of Newsline, which people can subscribe to and get lots
of news and other information.  I think that change, in whatever
form it takes, is difficult for people to accept.  People who
have used Evergreen Radio Reading Service for years have a hard
time seeing a service that they valued go away, even though there
are other sources for much of the same information.    Peace,
Debby