[nfbwatlk] Deaf-blind woman tests Canada's equality guarantee, The Star, July 29 2014

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 22:54:52 UTC 2014

Well, before the days of taking tests online, and even having
materials in braille and speech, when we used readers to take
tests, it was shone that it took more time for a reader to read
them out loud and get our answer down on the test.  So we were
allowed more time to complete tests.  If we have had legitimate
requests for more time to do things, then certainly those who are
deaf and deaf blind should.  I don't know all the intricacies of
how folks with different disabilities perform tasks, so it's
difficult to respond to part of this.  And I'd love to sit around
and talk with people about what equality means.  I don't think it
means uniformity.    Debby