[nfbwatlk] drive in custodialism

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 19:55:23 UTC 2014

I think also though that our body language says a lot to sighted
people.  If my tone is friendly but I'm making a face like, Oh,
there those sighties go again" the facial expression is what they
see.  The other thing too is that for me, at least, the older I
get the less I can hear.  And my responses aren't as quick as
they used to be.  Lol.  And there are all kinds of other issues
like: is it raining? That changes the sound.  Is it windy? If
it's windy I can't hear very well at all and feel very
uncomfortable.  I didn't used to be that way.  And just like some
sighted folks won't drive in certain conditions that other
sighted folks have no problem with, we all have our different
comfort levels, too.  I wouldn't cross Andreason at an unlighted
crossing to save my soul.  No way, no how.  But I used to cross
First and Burney in Vancouver with no problem.  So I guess it
just all depends.    Peace,    Debby