[nfbwatlk] drive in custodialism - The Nature of Independence

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Dec 14 15:28:42 UTC 2014

Debby:
I wouldn't say it's custodialism in the traditional sense as much as it is cultural ignorance (many of these aids are immigrants ), society's tendency today to value rules that do not require excessive thought or flexibility. Fear of litigious passengers and the fact that many of these employees are short timers so that airlines just get them trained and then need to train in more. Same goes for flight attendants.

Mike Freeman