[nfbwatlk] Seeking Research Participants who Use iPhones

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 23:18:21 UTC 2014

Hello,

My name is Cindy and I am a research assistant at the University of
Washington. We have developed an iPhone application called StopInfo
that provides specific information about the location of and landmarks
at bus stops in King County. We are seeking volunteers to participate
in a study to test this application. Participants must be blind or low
vision adults (18 years old and over) and use iPhones. Participants
must use public transit in the Seattle metro area on a regular basis,
and be willing to use our application in their daily life for this 5
week study. Because we are testing an application that assists with
navigation, we unfortunately cannot accept participants who use guide
dogs.

During the study, participants will use StopInfo in their daily lives.
Participants will attend an introductory interview and an exit
interview at the University of Washington both of which will last no
longer than one hour.  Participants will also fill out a web form
about their experiences using the application and with public
transportation at least 10 times during the 5 week study period. We
estimate that this form takes about 10 minutes to complete and can be
done any time during the study period. Participants will be
compensated $25 for the introductory interview, $25 if they fill out
the web form at least 10 times during the 5 week study period, and $25
for participating in the exit interview. Participants will have the
opportunity to earn extra compensation for submitting more than 10 web
forms. Participants can submit up to 20 web forms and will earn an
extra $2.50 for each form they submit after their 10th form resulting
in a potential additional $25 in compensation.

Participation in this study is completely voluntary, and you are free
to withdraw at any time. All of your interviews and responses on the
web form will be kept confidential.

Please email bennec3 at cs.washington.edu if you are interested in volunteering.

Thank you.

--
Cindy Bennett
Secretary: National Association of Blind Students

B.A. Psychology, UNC Wilmington
clb5590 at gmail.com