[nfbwatlk] FW: [List] register for the 2014 CFB convention!

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Feb 21 19:26:38 UTC 2014

From: List [mailto:list-bounces at cfb.ca] On Behalf Of Mary Ellen Gabias
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:21 PM
To: list at cfb.ca
Subject: [List] register for the 2014 CFB convention!

THE 2014 CANADIAN FEDERATION OF THE BLIND CONVENTION, Friday, May 23 to
Sunday, May 25, 2014
<http://www.cfb.ca/the-2014-canadian-federation-of-the-blind-convention-frid
ay-may-23-to-sunday-may-25-2014/>

After many Federation conventions in Victoria BC, the Canadian Federation of
the Blind is looking forward to hosting this gathering of the blind of
Canada on beautiful Bowen Island, near Vancouver, British Columbia.

Conventions bring us together to celebrate progress, share experiences, and
chart our direction for the coming year. Individually we are capable;
together we combine our efforts and become unstoppable!

The 2014 Canadian Federation of the Blind convention will be held on Bowen
Island, British Columbia, Canada at Bowen Island Lodge, 380 Cardena Dr,
Bowen Island, (only a 20 minute BC ferry ride from Horseshoe Bay Vancouver
Terminal).

Everyone is welcome. As accommodation space at the Lodge is limited to
approximately 50 persons, please guarantee your attendance with a $100
deposit. The balance of convention cost ($200.00) is due on or before May
9th, 2014. If cancellation is necessary,$50 of the deposit will be returned
before May 9. After that date, the deposit cannot be refunded.

Bookings are processed in date order of deposits received. We encourage you
to act quickly as this Lodge is popular with many blind folks who have
stayed there in past years.

CONVENTION COST INFORMATION:

The full conventions cost of $300.00 includes two nights accommodation plus
five meals. Accommodation is shared, two persons per room. Each room is
equipped with two single beds. The lodge is equipped with eight common
bathrooms/ showers accessed via a common hallway, so be sure to bring your
pajamas.

The five (5) included meals will be provided Friday evening dinner,
Saturday's: breakfast, lunch and banquet, plus Sunday morning breakfast.

For those residing in or near Vancouver, not requiring over-night
accommodation, who would like to join us for the Saturday full session the
fee is $100.00. This fee includes convention registration, lunch and the
always popular Banquet dinner and speaker. Again, space is limited so please
reserve your attendance on or before May 9th,with a $100.00 deposit.

You can book for the CFB convention online at www.cfb.ca using PayPal. Our
PayPal address is registration at cfb dot ca

Interact email money transfer (treasurer at cfb dot ca),

or by mailing your booking funds fee, along with your contact information
to:
The Canadian Federation of the Blind
P.O. Box 8007, Victoria BC V8W 3R7