[nfbwatlk] Braile on blanket

Les lfitz50 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 18:00:14 UTC 2014

	Wow that's awesome. Les Fitzpatrick

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Becky
Frankeberger
Sent: Friday, January 3, 2014 9:40 AM
To: 'NFB of Washington Talk Mailing List'
Subject: [nfbwatlk] Braile on blanket

Do you all love a challenge? Well I do, smile. So when one of my new
customers asked if I could Braille the name of her new grand daughter onto a
baby blanket, I said yes. Somewhere in the back of my beaner I remember
seriously planning to do this, and honestly thought I had done this work
before. Guess not, silly smile. She picked out the yarn and off I went
planning the blanket. I decided to work up the yarn with the baby's name in
Braille. Boy howdy, quite a challenging thing to do at the gym.

So I enlisted my brainy type husband. We got the length and width of the
braille sells and spacing refigured out, well I did actually. I checked with
my Braille teacher friend on the letters, and I was good to go.

My husband though was trying to work it out on paper numbering the spaces
etc. It was a zoo as it just wouldn't click the vision I had in my beaner
for him.

So I just proceeded forward. He measured the Braille bumps to make sure they
were straight, and proclaimed how proud he was of me, smile.

So we have a nearly done lilac baby blanket with the name of a sweet little
girl's name in Braille. Woo Hoo!

Becky Frankeberger

Butterfly Knitting

-           Ponchos