[nfbwatlk] Service Animals 101 Two-Session Webinar Series

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Thu Jun 5 18:50:56 UTC 2014

From: Miranda Levy [mailto:tammi at ccer.ccsend.com] On Behalf Of Miranda Levy
Sent: Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:48 AM
To: nnightingale at earthlink.net<mailto:nnightingale at earthlink.net>
Subject: Service Animals 101 Two-Session Webinar Series

[cid:~WRD114.jpg]

[cid:~WRD114.jpg]<http://s.rs6.net/t?e=hq996fTEh00&c=1&r=1>

[cid:~WRD114.jpg]<http://s.rs6.net/t?e=hq996fTEh00&c=3&r=1>

[cid:~WRD114.jpg]<http://s.rs6.net/t?e=hq996fTEh00&c=4&r=1>

[cid:~WRD114.jpg]

[cid:~WRD114.jpg]<http://s.rs6.net/t?e=hq996fTEh00&c=5&r=1>

[cid:~WRD114.jpg]

[cid:~WRD114.jpg]<http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Service-Animals-101-Two-Session-Webinar-Series.html?soid=1101823828696&aid=hq996fTEh00#fblike>

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CF801C.50C4AD20]

Service Animals 101
Two-Session Webinar Series

Northwest ADA Center

 Webinar

For more information and to register
Click Here!<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0017yZQm4vIpnvKgNgH58af9tF61xVMvgEPb-oRbP3NicbZhJH4UPeuhELORHpXxrZQ02RShI0axpW2UeGGJAHnpYsBwSAG7tes4T97F_lgTzWcAjM_BEBx6uwxdRwecnniGV1Wirn3rT0RMSLH_-wdVS-lzbxCi64ToAnWDAvV0gx_qafAvzWVepg5TczZmAxH04O-ZBIYRdY=&c=RIvmw5-mZc1_fu3Iti3U86R3JRIFquTEYnIdoGhgYFYmJlJbTb2uQQ==&ch=ZdYdY-G4uo9eQ1FOMgO_l7DcBliekVjzeRFCQdPCIhsS3Z2ZrwspeQ==>

$45 per session

Session I: July 1
10:00-11:30am PDT

Session II: July 8
10:00-11:30am PDT

with speaker

Miranda Levy, M.A., CRC

Northwest ADA Center

This is a two-session webinar series. The first is on service animal basics; the second is specifically on service animals under the ADA and Fair Housing Act. Sign up for one or both!

Session One

Can I bring my service goldfish into a hotel that has a policy of "No Pets Allowed?" Doesn't my landlord have to allow me to have my emotional support parrot in no-pets housing? I own a grocery store and don't allow animals other than service animals-but how can I tell that that dog really is a service animal? I work at an airline; am I allowed to ask for medical documentation when a passenger wants to bring their psychiatric service animal on the plane with them?

These and similar questions are ones that the Northwest ADA Center receives daily, and are some of what we will tackle during this 90 minute webinar. The webinar will also cover:

 *   The Americans with Disabilities Act definition of a service animal
 *   Service animals under the Fair Housing Act and the Air Carrier Access Act
 *   Service Animals and State and Local Laws
 *   The clarifying questions a business or government entity may ask an individual with a disability about his or her service animal
 *   Service animal etiquette and guidance

Session Two

There is much confusion about the differences between the rules and regulations regarding service and assistance animals when it comes to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Housing Act (FHA). This comes from the similarities between these pieces of legislation, as well as the tremendous differences.

During this 90 minute webinar, the speaker will apply the ADA law to the topic of service animals, and then will discuss service animals under the FHA. The speaker will point out comparisons throughout the presentation, and ample time will be left for questions.

Live Closed Captioning will be provided.

Participants have the option of obtaining 1.5 CRCC credits, or a Letter of Attendance for each session attended.

For questions about registration or course content:
Miranda Levy
* e-mail: levym at uw.edu<mailto:levym at uw.edu>
* phone: (425) 774-2303

The Northwest ADA Center is a member of the ADA National Network. These [cid:image004.jpg at 01CF80B4.696F3C80] materials and the advertised webinar were developed under grant number H133A110015. However, the contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the federal government.

Northwest ADA Center
Center for Continuing Education in Rehabilitation
University of Washington
6912 220th Street SW, Suite 105
Mountlake Terrace, Washington 98043
Contact levym at uw.edu<mailto:levym at uw.edu>  for more information or to register
phone: 425-248-2480 VP: 425-233-8913
toll-free (Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska): 800-949-4232

Forward email<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=ywyc6ecab&m=1101823828696&ea=nnightingale%40earthlink.net&a=1117374484341>
[cid:~WRD114.jpg]<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=0012y4flDIoQXar4pWYqu4JhA%3D%3D&ch=34bc1360-359f-11e3-bd91-d4ae526edd6c&ca=bb925c16-25a0-4ab4-91a5-64b07e2710af>

[cid:~WRD114.jpg]<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=events03>

This email was sent to nnightingale at earthlink.net<mailto:nnightingale at earthlink.net> by levym at uw.edu<mailto:levym at uw.edu> |
Update Profile/Email Address<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=0012y4flDIoQXar4pWYqu4JhA%3D%3D&ch=34bc1360-359f-11e3-bd91-d4ae526edd6c&ca=bb925c16-25a0-4ab4-91a5-64b07e2710af> | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=0012y4flDIoQXar4pWYqu4JhA%3D%3D&ch=34bc1360-359f-11e3-bd91-d4ae526edd6c&ca=bb925c16-25a0-4ab4-91a5-64b07e2710af>(tm) | Privacy Policy<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp>.

Northwest ADA Center | 6912 220th Street SW, Suite 105 | Mountlake Terrace | WA | 98043