[nfbwatlk] FW: [Wcb-l] FW: Open roles at Microsoft

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Mar 4 23:45:42 UTC 2014

From: Wcb-l [mailto:wcb-l-bounces at wcbinfo.org] On Behalf Of Sue Ammeter
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 3:40 PM
To: wcb-l at wcbinfo.org
Cc: jobs at wcbinfo.org
Subject: [Wcb-l] FW: Open roles at Microsoft

From: Olson, Toby (ESD) [mailto:TOlson2 at ESD.WA.GOV]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 8:32 AM
To: GCDE-INFO at LISTSERV.WA.GOV
Subject: FW: Open roles at Microsoft

From: Jenny Lay-Flurrie [mailto:jennylf at microsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2014 9:18 AM

Subject: Open roles at Microsoft

Hi there folks,

I'm hiring!  Given our charter in the taskforce, wanted to share with you
details of 8 new roles posted at Microsoft.  My team in Customer Service and
Support (CSS) provides support and service to customers in three spaces:
Disability & Accessibility, Online Safety and Privacy.  We're focused on
driving innovation that will enable all customers with Microsoft services
and devices. The Disability Answer Desk
<http://support.microsoft.com/gp/contact-microsoft-accessibility>  is one
such innovation, providing a rich support experience for all our customers.
It came from small beginnings with a pilot 18 months ago, and is now
handling over 1000 issues a month.  It's been received well (check out this
from the AFB <http://www.afb.org/afbpress/pub.asp?DocID=aw141207> ), and
we're excited to look at how we can expand and drive to reach more customers
globally.  Subject Matter expertise in Disability and Accessibility is a
huge asset to roles in this team: the more we can understand our customers,
the more empathy we have to designing the right experience!  I'm also hiring
an Accessibility expert to help manage broad spanning programs across a
division of 50K folks.

If interested in any of the roles, please follow the directions on the
external link and feel free to share this email to any folks or listings
that may be interested.

Thanks so much

Jenny

Role and Team

External Link

868927

Disability Answer Desk.  Senior Supportability Manager

http://bit.ly/1mHKYJM

870387

Disability Answer Desk.  Support Escalation Engineer

http://bit.ly/1mHNNdA

870386

Disability Answer Desk.  Business Program Manager (Readiness)

http://bit.ly/1mHO8gD

870384

Disability Answer Desk.  Senior Technical Advisor

http://bit.ly/1mHPbgo

870160

SMSG Accessibility.  Director Business Programs

http://bit.ly/1mHNujc

869056

Service Delivery Manager (works across Accessibility, Online Safety and
Privacy)

http://bit.ly/1mHMYBL

870385

Privacy.  Senior Technical Advisor