[nfbwatlk] Development of a Navigation System Using Smartphone andBluetooth Technologies to Help the Visually Impaired Navigate Work ZonesSafely

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Mar 13 16:51:53 UTC 2014

True enough. But if a construction zone is noisy enough that it causes us
problems, how the heck are we going to hear our iPhones without wearing
earbuds or over-the-ear earphones that will mask useful sounds? And I, for
one, am not going to carry and try to read a Braille display paired to the
iPhone, all the while using cane or guide dog.

I'm sorry but this just seems like yet another way dreamed up by the sighted
to handle a problem that, in the end, is just one of the perennial nuisances
of blindness!

Mike