[nfbwatlk] More reflections on "reasonable accommodation"

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 05:29:16 UTC 2014

I still keep coming back to "reasonable accommodation" now and
what it was in 1990, or say 1977 when I graduated from college.
(Of course then there was no "reasonable accommodation".  But say
there had been.  It might have been help to know what was written
in print on file folders so that one could put braille labels on
those file folders.  Now an accommodation could be something
expensive, like JAWS.  And if you're blind and have been out of
work for some time, you certainly may not be able to afford JAWS
yourself.  Or a new Mac computer.

Tomorrow I'm going for an interview at Sacred Heart as a PBX
operator.  (I'm actually kind of excited about this job).  And I
really am impressed with Sacred Heart.  From a personal point of
view, they provide great care, but more then that, (and this is
not tangible at all), but I have always felt a "good vibe" when I
walk through the doors there.  I have no idea why this is.  But
anyway, I'm really hoping that tomorrow I can wow them with my
wonderfulness.  Lol.     Peace,    Debby and Neena