[nfbwatlk] Seattle chapter Meeting

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 19 03:13:51 UTC 2015

I counted 18 people in attendance including a new person named Bridget and her 10-year old daughter. She had found my phone number on the NFBW website and had just called me on Wednesday She has just recently become legally blind and was wanting to meet other blind people. She has been a union activist in the past and likes the advocacy part of the NFB. I think she’ll be a great new member. Noel runs an excellent meeting!

Some of our members were out of town this weekend. Seven of us went out for lunch together. I sort of had a movable Federation feast today: Raymond and I had breakfast with the SnoKing chapter and I had lunch with the Greater Seattle chapter. Then a few people who were going to an event in Wast Seattle and myself came out to this part of town and went to a local cupcake shop. Needless to say I did not eat any dinner. Now I’m hoping for a Mariners win to cap off a super day!

Marci