[nfbwatlk] At Large Chapter Meeting Call

Mon Feb 23 15:11:51 UTC 2015

Well, I must say we had a small, but very interesting meeting last evening. The only disappointment was the lack of "at large" interested folks. I know the academy awards were on, but our meeting is important. We were very fortunate to have a lively discussion of rehabilitation issues with the director of the New Jersey  Commission for the Blind.

How's that for a good spin. But, yes, an old friend, and a temporarily out of state Washingtonian, Dan Frye joined the call last evening. Mike Mello was a gracious host, and cheery from an apparently great weekend.

Hope more interested would be Federation members can join next month's call. You never know what might be in store.

/s/

Bennett Prows

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Marci Carpenter via nfbwatlk
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2015 6:08 PM
To: NFB of Washington Talk Mailing List' List
Cc: Phil g-mail; Kristina Colcock
Subject: [nfbwatlk] At Large Chapter Meeting Call

Tonight at 7:30 pm the At Large chapter of the NFB of Washington will meet via conference call. The call-in phone number is 712-432-0140 and the access code is 849246#. Mike Mello, 1st Vice President  of the NFBW, will be the moderator. There will be some discussion of the Washington Talking Book and Braille Library budget issue. There will also be time for questions and other discussion.