[nfbwatlk] Show on Animal Planet

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Wed Jan 14 22:29:14 UTC 2015

My husband is on the WDFW disabled Fisher Hunter Committee, and he is also
on the Committee setting aside tags for bow, gun, and of course for our
disabled hunters.

Finally the WDFW is looking at making there web site accessible.

Subject: WDFW News Release: WDFW police featured on Animal Planet's 'Rugged
Justice'

WDFW NEWS RELEASE
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov/

January 14, 2015
Contact: Mike Hobbs, 360-902-2939

WDFW police featured on Animal Planet's 'Rugged Justice'

Animal Planet's new documentary series 'Rugged Justice' follows Washington
State Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) police as they patrol
mountains, coasts and city streets, protecting natural resources and serving
the people of Washington.

The six-episode series premieres Sunday, Jan. 18, at 8 p.m. on Animal
Planet.

"Our participation in the series provides an opportunity for WDFW's Law
Enforcement Program to promote the department and the dedicated
professionals that carry out our mission of protecting our natural resources
and the public we serve," said WDFW deputy chief Mike Hobbs. "Policing the
outdoors presents unique challenges, and this show helps to inform the
public about our critical role in preserving, protecting and perpetuating
fish, wildlife and ecosystems in Washington."

WDFW officers enforce all state laws, including those related to fishing and
hunting, licensing and protecting natural habitat. Officers also provide
first response to incidents involving potentially dangerous wildlife,
including bear and cougar, and other public safety issues.

"'Rugged Justice' provides a window into the vital, varied and sometimes
harrowing work of officers as they protect nature and people in Washington,"
said Steve Crown, WDFW enforcement chief.

The WDFW enforcement program has 144 officers deployed statewide.

Officers appearing in 'Rugged Justice' were not paid by the show's producers
or Animal Planet for their participation.

For broadcast schedules, interested viewers should visit
http://www.animalplanet.com/schedule/ .

  _____

This message has been sent to the WDFW All Information mailing list.
Visit the WDFW News Release Archive at:  http://wdfw.wa.gov/news/
To UNSUBSCRIBE from this mailing list: