[nfbwatlk] Interview about art with people who are blind or low vision – earn a $25 Amazon gift card!

Kyle Rector t-kyre at microsoft.com
Wed Jun 17 16:15:35 UTC 2015

Is art something that is of interest to you? Are you interested in discussing your experiences with museums, and what you like or dislike about art? At Microsoft, researchers are interested in learning more so we can develop a new system that may help make art more accessible!

We are looking for participants who are blind or low vision who are at least 18 years old to participate in a semi-structured interview. We will ask questions about your experiences with art and art museums, how you access art or art museums online, and any technology you use when experiencing art or art museums.

The interview will take approximately 30 minutes, and can be done over the phone, Skype, or in person at Microsoft in Redmond, WA. Participants will be reimbursed with a $25 Amazon gift card. If you would prefer to do an on-site interview and would like a sighted companion to accompany you, we can offer an additional $10 Amazon gift card to your companion as a gratuity for their time.

If you are interested in giving valuable feedback about art and visiting art museums, please contact Kyle Rector at t-kyre at microsoft.com<mailto:t-kyre at microsoft.com>. We are trying to schedule interviews during 6/17-6/22 and 7/6-7/9, so please reach me within that time frame so I can schedule you. If these times don't work, but you are still interested in talking, please let me know other dates that might work.

Feel free to share this invitation with any other people who are blind or low vision whom you think may be interested. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

Kyle Rector

t-kyre at microsoft.com<mailto:t-kyre at microsoft.com>