[nfbwatlk] Children and Youth Project Coordinator, Columbia Legal Services job announcement

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Tue Oct 13 18:01:42 UTC 2015

Link:
CYP Project Coordinator Announcement.pdf<https://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1810938/2117931476/name/CYP%20Project%20Coordinator%20Announcement%2Epdf>

Text:

Program Description

Children and Youth Project Coordinator

For many years, Columbia Legal Services has represented some of the most marginalized people in our community. We use every legal tool available on their behalf. Our role to serve people and use advocacy that might otherwise not be available makes our work an integral part of the Washington Alliance for Equal Justice. As a proud member of the Alliance, our vision of justice is when people have the necessary tools and opportunity to achieve social and economic justice, a more equitable and inclusive society is possible. Through large-scale litigation, policy reform, and innovative partnerships, our lawyers and staff work in furtherance of our mission. The ideal candidate for any position at Columbia Legal Services will be able to articulate their role in the achievement of that vision.

Seattle, WA

Employment Opportunity

Position

Columbia Legal Services seeks a full-time Project Coordinator to supervise the litigation and policy initiatives of our Children and Youth Project Group. This position is based in Seattle. The Project Coordinator will:

 Work with a team of five Project Coordinators and organizational leadership to oversee and advance large-scale, strategic organization-wide initiatives.

 Direct the activities of the project group, including assigning, supervising, managing, and defining the scope of work on complex trial and appellate litigation, class actions, legislative advocacy and other policy work. The Project Coordinator is expected to maintain their own caseload, as well.

 Identify practices and laws that adversely affect the rights and diminish the benefits of children and youth, and devise creative strategies for addressing these problems.

 Facilitate communication, foster teamwork, and serve as an energetic and effective liaison across project groups and throughout statewide and national networks to identify opportunities and execute strategies to advance the law in improving opportunities for Washington’s children and youth to have safe and stable families and homes, quality education, health care, and economic stability.

 Review the effectiveness and quality of advocacy activities, conduct performance management, actively participate in professional and leadership development for team members, and provide support and resources to enable the project group to perform at the highest level.

 Be available to travel occasionally around the state to attend meetings and supervise staff members, including frequent travel to Olympia during the legislative session.