[nfbwatlk] FW: Watch "License to Beg | Anne Malone | TEDxStJohns" on YouTube

Mary ellen gabias at telus.net
Fri Oct 23 02:38:56 UTC 2015

Anne Malone is a blind woman who lived in Newfoundland until very recently.  That’s a fairly isolating place to be.  Listen to her TEDX talk.  Much of what she has to say philosophically sounds very much as if it came from the NFB.  Not surprising, since she credits the Federation with her basic understanding of blindness.  Her description of how it is in Canada is bang on!  She’s never met any of us, just telephone conversations and significant reading.  This video may be one of the most positive public pieces to have come out of Canada in quite a long time.