[nfbwatlk] Opportunity to Participate in a Research Study, Remote Video Interview, $15 for Participation

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 00:10:56 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am passing this along for another researcher. Please contact them
for more information.

Cindy

Subject: Opportunity to participate in accessibility research at the
University of Washington

Dear National Federation of the Blind of Washington members,

We are a group of graduate students of the University of Washington
currently working on a Human-Computer Interaction project for a class.
Our task is improving the accessibility guidelines for mobile
application development. We are seeking participants for one of our
user studies that will help us develop these guidelines. The study
will only consist of one hour-long interview session. Please see below
for details about the study.

Objective: study and develop guidelines for what features that make
mobile applications accessible.

Duration: approximately 1 hour.

Compensation: $15 Amazon gift card

Participation criteria: must be at least 18 years old, functionally
blind or low vision, and regularly use smartphones. All tasks should
be low exertion.

Location: Interview will take place over video chat (examples: Skype,
Google Hangout). Please be prepared to use a device other than your
smartphone for the video chat.

What to bring: Please have your smartphone available. You may be asked
to show the researchers how you interact with your phone, but may
decline to do so while still being eligible to participate. We will
not ask you to disclose any private content on your phone.

Time: Please contact the Mobile Accessibility Group at
accessibility-study at cs.washington.edu to set up an appropriate time.
Times are flexible, including weekends and evenings.

Please contact the Mobile Accessibility Group at
accessibility-study at cs.washington.edu  to schedule a time if you are
interested in participating, and/or have questions about the user
studies.

Best,

Mobile Accessibility App Group, University of Washington

Contact Info:

Catherine Feng
University of Washington, Seattle
M.S. Electrical Engineering, ‘17
(206) 388-7086
catfeng at uw.edu

--
Cindy Bennett
2nd Year Ph.D. Student, University of Washington

Treasurer of the National Federation of the Blind of Washington
an Affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind

clb5590 at gmail.com