[nfbwatlk] AmeriCorps: Financial Stability Project Coordinator
Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Wed May 25 17:00:18 UTC 2016
From: Olson, Toby (ESD) [mailto:TOlson2 at ESD.WA.GOV]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:48 PM
To: GCDE-INFO at LISTSERV.WA.GOV<mailto:GCDE-INFO at LISTSERV.WA.GOV>
Subject: FW: AmeriCorps: Financial Stability Project Coordinator
From: Emerson Sekins [mailto:emerson at washingtonaccessfund.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:47 PM
Subject: AmeriCorps: Financial Stability Project Coordinator
*Please help us spread the word*
The Washington Access Fund was awarded an AmeriCorps placement for the 2016-2017 year.
We offer a unique opportunity for cutting edge work with a small but dedicated staff.
Individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. For individuals with disabilities accessing SSI benefits, the AmeriCorps stipend for this position is excluded from income for SSI purposes. Which means that individuals can access this position's living stipend and keep their SSI benefits. (Always consult with a benefits planner to get an individualized assessment for benefit issues, but here is the reference: https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0500830537).
Please don't hesitate to contact Deputy Director, Emerson Sekins, with any questions: 206-328-5116<http://t.sidekickopen14.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XYg8qSQCFW7d-8LR7gs3QsW5vMqt056dvTnf2LG7l002?t=file%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%2Ftel%2F206-328-5116&si=6717234633768960&pi=13c268a4-0b9a-4f63-bbfe-e90ee36e21f0> or emerson at washingtonaccessfund.org<mailto:emerson at washingtonaccessfund.org>.
Emerson Sekins, MPA
Washington Access Fund
1437 S. Jackson St.
Seattle, WA 98144
emerson at washingtonaccessfund.org<mailto:emerson at washingtonaccessfund.org>
We have moved locations! Please make note of our new address!
AmeriCorps: Financial Stability Project Coordinator
The Washington Access Fund offers a unique opportunity for cutting edge work with a small but dedicated staff!
Through collaborating with local, state and national partners, (WDCs in King and Snohomish County, WA State Employment Security Department, and the Department of Labor, to name a few) the Washington Access Fund will offer financial stability and capability services to people with disabilities, including those engaged in Career Pathways programs in King and Snohomish County—This project is designed to increase the financial knowledge, improve the rate of saving, lower debt, increase credit scores, and enhance the ability to meet financial goals for the individuals we will work with.
The project work will include the provision of disability specific training to financial counselors, the administration of financial well-being assessments to people with disabilities, and the provision of financial classes, financial counseling, and disability benefits counseling. We will carry out this work over the next three years. Project staff will broaden the Access Fund’s capacity for credit-related services and will facilitate marketing and cross agency communication and referrals.
Additionally, this project will support our offering of useful financial products such as credit builder loans and matched savings accounts as well as offering clients additional training or counseling on credit score enhancement beyond that typically offered in financial education courses. For IDA participants who indicate that they want to improve their credit scores we will offer a loan after they have been saving for at least one year and are on target to meet their savings goal. This will allow them to purchase their assistive technology more quickly and allow us to report a positive payment history to credit bureaus as they pay back the loan. Staff will be trained in credit score enhancement to help us better serve our borrowers as well.
This position is contingent on funding.
About the Washington Access Fund: The Washington Access Fund is a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (“CDFI”) established by and for individuals with disabilities. The Washington Access Fund promotes access to Assistive Technology and economic opportunity for individuals with disabilities in the Pacific Northwest.
Position Type: Full-time, temporary AmeriCorps Position with potential for permanent position.
Term of Service Date: September 1, 2016 through July 31 2017
* Perform essential outreach activities to inform people with disabilities about opportunities for increasing financial capabilities.
* Facilitate collaboration between partners in delivery of financial capability services to people with disabilities.
* Perform financial well-being assessments and client intake and referral functions.
* Inform existing clients of opportunities for training and services to improve financial capability.
* Consult with clients as they progress in matched savings program and carry out their financial service plans.
* Help clients in assistive technology training and purchase of assistive technology.
* Develop and conduct client surveys to monitor progress. Perform Data entry and survey analysis.
* Age requirement: 18-25
* Four-year college degree or three or more years relevant experience.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* First-rate written communication skills.
* Experience working with people with disabilities preferred.
* Well-developed interpersonal and collaborative skills.
* Ability to work with a diverse constituent population.
* Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks efficiently.
* Ability to travel to partner organizations.
* Experience with assistive technology desirable.
* Experience with financial education or coaching desirable.
* Ability to travel to partner organizations
* Individuals with disabilities strongly encouraged to apply
Salary and Benefits: AmeriCorps stipend of $1,195 per month; Health coverage; Childcare (if eligible); $5,775 Education Award; Student loan forbearance and interest accrual payment on qualifying student loans; Training.
Procedure: Fill out AmeriCorps Application online-- https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=61917&fromSearch=true
Application Deadline: July 13, 2016.
Questions: Please don’t hesitate to contact Deputy Director, Emerson Sekins, with questions. 206-328-5116 or emerson at washingtonaccessfund.org<mailto:emerson at washingtonaccessfund.org>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: WA Access Fund 2016-2017 AmeriCorps Announcement.doc
Size: 65024 bytes
Desc: WA Access Fund 2016-2017 AmeriCorps Announcement.doc
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NFBWATlk