[nfbwatlk] on the move

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun May 29 17:53:05 UTC 2016

Hi Lauren, I think you will like Eugene.  I don't know how
familiar you are with it, but it's a pretty nice place to live.
I haven't been there for quite some time, so I'm sure some things
have changed, but when I lived there, the bus system was pretty
good.  I don't know about their paratransit service as I never
used it at that point.  On the whole, people are pretty friendly,
and there are concerts and plays and things to do.  Eugene has a
baseball team, the Emeralds.  Eugene also has a symphony and an
opera company.  There are great restaurants, (one which I really
liked and hope it's still there is called Ocean Sky.  It had some
of the best Chinese food I've ever eaten.  There is also an NFB
chapter there.  I don't know anyone in that chapter anymore, I'm
sure, as it's been years since I lived there-like 1990.  You will
also find plenty of churches there to choose from.  Take care,
and blessings,    Debby