[nfbwatlk] FW: Please Join Our Art Beyond Sight Focus Group!

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Tue May 31 17:28:29 UTC 2016

From: Kathryn Higgins [mailto:KathrynH at SeattleArtMuseum.org]
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 4:55 PM
Subject: Please Join Our Art Beyond Sight Focus Group!

Dear friends,

As the Art Beyond Sight Team of staff members and docents at the Seattle Art Museum begins to plan for next year's tours, we'd like to know your thoughts and suggestions about our program.  So we're inviting you to participate in an ABS Focus Group meeting - enjoy good food, good company and stimulating discussion with your input.  Please come and help us make our ABS tours better, based on your comments.

Our Focus Group will meet on Thursday, June 9, from 12:30 until 2:30 in the Arnold Board Room on the second floor of the Seattle Art Museum, located at First and Union.

Please bring your ideas on topics like these:
*  ways to improve the formats of our tours
*  any issues regarding tour scheduling
*  ways to improve how we navigate the galleries, use of stools, etc.
*  ways to improve touch tours and multi-sensory tours
*  ways to improve our email communications with you and your ability to contact us
*  ways to improve our website and its accessibility
*  suggestions regarding how to include a social time before or after tours -- where, when and what?
*  ways to connect with other organizations serving low or no-vision people who might be interested in our tours
*  things you've liked best about our recent tours
*  things you'd like to bring back that we've done in earlier tours

We'll also share with you our schedule for next year's tours, and ask about specific things we could do to make these tours more interesting and fun for you.

Please RSVP by responding directly to this email, or by phone at 206-654-3133. Let me know about any dietary restrictions you may have, or if you will be dropped off at SAM by Access bus and would like someone to meet you.

We are looking forward to a fun and lively lunch and discussion!

Best,
KATHRYN A. HIGGINS
Museum Educator, Interim

Seattle Art Museum
p: 206.654.3133
seattleartmuseum.org<http://seattleartmuseum.org/>

GRAPHIC MASTERS / Seattle Art Museum / Jun 9 - Aug 28
MOOD INDIGO / Asian Art Museum / Apr 9 - Oct 9
JOURNEY TO DUNHUANG / Asian Art Museum / Mar 5 - Jun 12
Get tickets at visitsam.org/tickets<http://visitsam.org/tickets>