[nfbwatlk] Resolution logistics for the NFB of Washington convention

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Thu Oct 13 16:11:48 UTC 2016

NFB of Washington convention attendees,

Do you have a concern about education, transportation, vocational rehabilitation, independent living, electronic and information technology accessibility, discrimination in employment, or the Mariners failure to get into the post-season (just kidding)?  Please think about writing a resolution seeking an external organization's action on a matter of importance to blind Washingtonians and having it considered by the convention.

The format of resolutions is as follows.

WHEREAS [all capitals], [description of problem]; and
WHEREAS, [further description of the problem, and so on:

NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED [all capitals], in the City of Tacoma, this ___ day of October 2016, by the National Federation of the Blind of Washington that we [insert what you want to happen, like we "call upon" or "condemn and deplore."]

The resolution needs to come to the committee in fairly final form as we will not be rewriting it on the spot.  If you need advice writing one, you may call me at home tonight at (206) 723-1366 or contact another Federationist for help.

You may send me your resolution by tonight at my personal e-mail address nnightingale at earthlink.net<mailto:nnightingale at earthlink.net>.  Or, you may  bring it to me at the convention up to the time the resolutions committee meets, 7:00 p.m. tomorrow night, at the  Best Western-Tacoma Dome.  I will have a reader available to read your print resolution aloud to the committee, you may read it yourself to the committee, or you may find someone else to read it in whatever form.  Do not send your resolution to the e-mail address I am writing this message from or to this listserv.

Let's go build the National Federation of the Blind of Washington and make a difference in the lives of blind Washingtonians!

Noel Nightingale
2016 Resolutions Committee Chair