[NFBWATLK] Your feedback requested, Online Open House, One City Center, Seattle

Peggy Martinez peggymartinez10 at icloud.com
Sun Feb 5 07:05:19 UTC 2017

Dear National Federation of the Blind of Washington members:

		I’m writing as a blindness community representative member of the Seattle One Center City Advisory Group.  One Center City OneCenterCity.org <http://onecentercity.org/> ​ is a public/private partnership between the City of Seattle, King County Metro, Sound Transit, and the Downtown Seattle Association to create a 20-year vision for mobility and great public spaces in Center City.  One Center City includes the following neighborhoods: Belltown, Capitol Hill, Chinatown-International District, Commercial Core, Denny Triangle, First Hill, Pike/Pine, Pioneer Square, South Lake Union and Uptown.

		 The online open house onecentercity.participate.online <http://www.onecentercity.participate.online/>  is accessible and the One Center City partners are interested in your feedback.  Partner organizers are available to visit upcoming Seattle area NFBW meetings to discuss this in more detail.

		 Below is an excerpt from the online Open House Welcome Page that I hope sparks your interest to review the proposed changes and provide feedback.

“Seattle is a special place, and it’s no wonder that more and more people want to live here. Seattle is one of the fastest growing cities in the United States and much of this growth is happening in Seattle’s Center City neighborhoods, collectively known as Center City. ​
To keep Center City moving and ensure that it continues to be a great place to live, work, and play, we’re planning ahead.
​One Center City is a public/private partnership between the City of Seattle, King County Metro, Sound Transit, and the Downtown Seattle Association to create a 20-year vision for mobility and great public spaces in Center City.​ The 20-year vision will also include near-term strategies that can help to improve mobility in the next few years and support Center City's role as an important regional transportation hub.
​Working together, we will improve mobility for all users of our transportation system, give people options for getting around our growing city, and provide for a safe and enjoyable pedestrian experience.” ​

Please send feedback to Info at OneCenterCity.org <mailto:info at onecentercity.org>  or contact me to schedule a meeting visit.

 Sincerely,

Peggy Martinez

---