[NFBWATLK] Study Opportunity in Redmond

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 14:28:21 UTC 2017

Hi,

I was asked to pass on the following.

I wanted to inform you of a paid study participation opportunity at
Microsoft. The study will be a one-hour long interview at Microsoft’s
Redmond offices
during the last week of June, and we can provide a $50 Visa or Amazon
gift card to participants. We are seeking two kinds of participants:
(1) Orientation
& Mobility instructors and (2) people who are legally blind who
regularly use a white cane as a mobility aid.  The interviews will
inform the design of
new technology that aims to allow people with vision impairments to
leverage their mobility skills in virtual reality environments.

People interested in participating should email me (Meredith Morris) at
merrie at microsoft.com
 or call me at
425-421-8477
 by June 15th.

Thank you,

Merrie

--
Cindy Bennett
https://www.bennettc.com/

Ph.D. Candidate in Human Centered Design and Engineering
University of Washington