[NFBWATLK] Snohomish County Washington Job Posting - EEO Officer
Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Mon May 1 20:32:40 UTC 2017
From: washingtonattorneyswithdisabilitiesassociation at googlegroups.com [mailto:washingtonattorneyswithdisabilitiesassociation at googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Conrad Reynoldson
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2017 1:16 PM
To: WashingtonAttorneyswithDisabilitiesAssociation at googlegroups.com
Subject: [WADA] Fwd: Snohomish County Job Posting - EEO Officer
We have an opening for an EEO Officer. We appreciate any assistance in spreading the word about this opportunity.
Salary: $79,727.41 - $112,659.12 Annually
Closing: Open Until Filled
Apply online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/snohomish/jobs/1713967/eeo-officer
Under supervision of the Human Resources Director, this position is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the Snohomish County Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Office.
STATEMENT OF ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Develops, prepares and implements a comprehensive annual affirmative action (AA) plan for the County; revises and updates the plan as necessary.
2. Monitors compliance with the County's overall affirmative action plan on a regular basis. Provides assistance and guidelines regarding departmental EEO plans designed to increase diversity and promote EEO principles and practices.
3. Engages departments in implementing affirmative action efforts by providing counseling and training to management and staff.
4. Evaluates EEO/AA data to identify potential barriers for recruitment/advancement of racial/ethnic minority and female employees and make recommendations on corrective actions to eliminate employment barriers.
5. Works with Human Resources and department staff to identify and/or address potential barriers to recruiting diverse applicants and retaining such employees, particularly for positions in underrepresented EEO job categories.
6. Directs and/or prepares annual internal and external EEO reports. Monitors and reviews the County's employment practices, including job postings, recruitment selection, promotion, performance evaluations, transfers and separations to ensure compliance with applicable laws and County EEO guidelines.
7. Consults and provides assistance to managers/supervisors in the interpretation of County policies and procedures, labor agreements, complex investigations and other human resources issues relating to EEO.
8. Researches federal, state, and local laws and informs management on legislation that will impact EEO policies. Monitors, revises and/or recommends changes to County policies and procedures as appropriate. Works with Prosecuting Attorney's Office, and others regarding complex EEO matters.
9. Directs and/or leads assigned staff.
10. Investigates EEO complaints; recommends resolution alternatives to management; and prepares reports, including findings of facts and recommendations.
11. Sends annual notices for County Personnel reminding them of importance of immediately forwarding EEO complaints or concerns to the Human Resource Department.
12. Works with the Human Resources Director to develop the annual budget and allocation of resources for the EEO Office; monitors expenditures to ensure expected spending guidelines.
13. Develops, conducts and/or coordinates all EEO-related training for all County staff.
14. Administers, evaluates and directs contracts with external investigators, as necessary.
Snohomish County Human Resources <http://www.snohomishcountywa.gov/190/Human-Resources>
3000 Rockefeller Ave. M/S 503 | Everett, WA 98201
(425) 388-3098<tel:(425)%20388-3098> | Shawna.Ousse at snoco.org<mailto:Shawna.Ousse at snoco.org>
NOTICE: All emails, and attachments, sent to and from Snohomish County are public records and may be subject to disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Act (RCW 42.56).
Conrad Reynoldson, Attorney at Law
Washington Civil & Disability Advocate
3513 NE 45th Street, Suite G
Seattle, WA 98105
Office (206) 855-3134<tel:(206)%20855-3134>
CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to intercept, read, print, retain, copy, forward, or disseminate this communication. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, attorney/client privileged, attorney work product, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either by phone or by return e-mail, and destroy all copies of this message, electronic, paper, or otherwise.
ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Washington Attorneys with Disabilities Association" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to WashingtonAttorneyswithDisabilitiesAssociation+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com<mailto:WashingtonAttorneyswithDisabilitiesAssociation+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com>.
To post to this group, send email to WashingtonAttorneyswithDisabilitiesAssociation at googlegroups.com<mailto:WashingtonAttorneyswithDisabilitiesAssociation at googlegroups.com>.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/WashingtonAttorneyswithDisabilitiesAssociation.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
More information about the NFBWATlk