[NFBWATLK] Research Opportunity with UW Students

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 08:33:01 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm passing this announcement on for some undergrads in my department.
Their research is a student project, so if you choose to help, it
would be more of an outreach/volunteering opportunity, not a paid user
study. Please contact them directly with questions or concerns.

Cindy

Hello,

We are a group of Human Centered Design & Engineering students working
on a capstone which empowers people with visual impairments to explore
and enjoy the area around them. For instance, we would like to design
a pleasant experience for someone with a vision impairment going past
an interesting-looking shop or café on the bus and making a note to
check it out later. We want to observe how you interact with phones
and would love to receive any feedback from you during our early stage
of development. We'd prefer to meet
with you on campus (Odegaard library) but we can meet remotely as well.

We are unable to offer any incentive as this capstone is not
corporate-sponsored, but to appreciate your time, we will provide some
light refreshments!
 If you are interested and have about 30-45 minutes to chat with us,
please fill out this Google Form so we can schedule a time to meet
with you!
https://goo.gl/forms/C3cboO1l4sxyFiZq2

Thank you for your help,

Celina Hipolito, Lulu Sun, Emily Uthoff, May Zhao

University of Washington, Seattle
Human-Centered Design & Engineering

--
Cindy Bennett
https://www.bennettc.com/

Ph.D. Candidate in Human Centered Design and Engineering
University of Washington