[NFBWATLK] financial assistance for NFB national convention

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Wed May 9 17:31:42 UTC 2018

Would you like to attend the NFB national con mention in Orlando this summer? Do you need some financial assistance in order to attend?

The NFB of Washington has some money available to assist members in attending our national convention. We don’t have enough money to fully fund a convention attendee but we do have grants available of up to $300 per person. These grants are available for first time convention attendees and also members who have attended conventions in the past.

Our national conventions are unlike any other convention. It’s the place where important decisions are made about the future of the NFB and the lives of blind people, where you can get your hands on nearly every piece of technology for blind people, where you can participate in seminars and focus groups on issues, and it is also our NFB family reunion.
If you haven’t been to a national convention in a while and some financial assistance would help you to go this year there is still time

To apply for these grants contact me off list and we can discuss the possibilities.

Marci Carpenter, President
NFB of Washington
mjc59 at comcast.net <mailto:mjc59 at comcast.net>
206-604-5507