[NFBWATLK] Sample phone call script

Matthew Hines matthewhines984 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 02:23:26 UTC 2018

I just thought I would offer a sample script that you might use when contacting a legislator’s office. For example, we need people to contact both senator murray and Cantwell’s offices and asked them to support the Marrakesh implementation act, Senate Bill 2559.   Here is what you could say:

Hello, I am a constituent of (name of legislator) and I am calling because I would like my senator to support the Marrakesh implementation act, Senate Bill 2559. This bill is important for the sharing of published works for blind and visually impaired readers.

The receptionist may ask you for your ZIP Code or what organization you are calling on behalf of. Give them your ZIP Code and tell them that you are calling to support the national Federation of the blind of Washington

Thank you for all your hard work

Matthew Hines