[NFBWATLK] Urgen Call to Action - SPACE AVAILABLE

matthewhines984 at gmail.com matthewhines984 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 22:38:01 UTC 2018

Dear Fellow Federationists:

We are at a critical juncture for our Space Available legislation. This
week, the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for fiscal year 2019
will be up for a committee vote in the Senate. The update to the Space
Available program that would allow veterans with a service-connected
permanent disability rated as total, who received their disability before
1978 to have access to military flights has been included in the House
version of the NDAA, but not the Senate version. This is a position that we
have found ourselves in previously. We want to ensure that we do everything
we can to try and get the legislation into the Senate version of the NDAA.

Below you will find a list of the senators who are on the Armed Services
Committee, along with their Washington office phone numbers. Please call or
email Senator McCain and Senator Inhofe's offices, as they are the two most
senior Republican members of the committee, and urge them to do two things:
cosponsor S. 116, the Space Available bill in the Senate; and to include
that bill in the Senate version of the NDAA. Additionally, if you live in
one of the states represented on the list, please call or email your senator
and ask them to do the same. You might say something like:

"My name is [name], and I am calling to encourage the Senator to cosponsor a
bill that would allow disabled veterans to use the Space Available program
(S. 116). This bill is supported by Vietnam Veterans of America, Disabled
American Veterans, Veterans of Foreign Wars, and the National Association of
Blind Veterans. I also ask that the Senator include the language of the bill
in the National Defense Authorization Act.

Thank you for your support of blind veterans.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]"

With your help and support, we can get Space Available across the finish
line, and give our disabled veterans the honor they deserve.

Senate Armed Services Committee Member Contact Information

Majority:

John McCain (AZ)             202-224-2235

James Inhofe (OK)          202-224-4721

Roger Wicker (MS)          202-224-6253

Deb Fischer (NE)              202-224-6551

Tom Cotton (AR)              202-224-2353

Mike Rounds (SD)            202-224-5842

Joni Ernst (IA)                    202-224-3254

Thom Tillis (NC)                 202-224-6342

Dan Sullivan (AK)              202-224-3004

David Perdue (GA)          202-224-3521

Ted Cruz (TX)                     202-224-5922

Lindsey Graham (SC)      202-224-5972

Ben Sasse (NE)                  202-224-4224

Tim Scott (SC)                    202-224-6121

Minority:

Jack Reed (RI)                    202-224-4642

Bill Nelson (FL)                  202-224-5274

Claire McCaskill (MO)     202-224-6154

Jeanne Shaheen (NH)    202-224-2841

Kirsten Gillibrand (NY)   202-224-4451

Richard Blumenthal (CT)202-224-2823

Joe Donnelly (IN)             202-224-4814

Mazie Hirono (HI)            202-224-6361

Tim Kaine (VA)                  202-224-4024

Angus King (ME)               202-224-5344

Martin Heinrich (NM)     202-224-5521

Elizabeth Warren (MA)  202-224-4543

Gary Peters (MI)              202-224-6221

If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to reach out
to me.

Matthew Hines

360-980-2385